Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice
50444359

I need to find a dr whom works with adult children of NPD.

Customer Question

I need to find a dr whom works with adult children of NPD. My parents well my mom has this I broke free but she is now using court to get my child I need someone who can access the situation and protect my child from them. Our child has asd and stress can cause regression
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: Since the court has ordered two visits w our child without us his parents in these two sessions. Then they get unsupervised visits. I wake up in middle of night with worry.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I did have a break almost two years ago because of abuse. That is when I learned why and was told for my health I need to stay away
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Mark; I'll be glad to help you with this issue.
I can imagine how frustrating and overwhelming this situation must be for you. Having a parent with NPD is emotionally difficult, to say the least. That the professionals recommended staying away is often the recommendation that is made.

And this is actually the key to my answer to you that you need to consider and think about. I wish I could tell you that protecting your child is going to be easy, but nothing is easy when trying to deal with a parent with NPD. You know that better than anyone.

The main strategy that people, in my experience, have had to follow is to try to find the best attorney they can, and if they can't afford an attorney, then they go to a women's defense fund or agency in their city and try to work with an attorney there. Because your mom will get her own expert witnesses to testify for her cause, so an attorney is the only recourse you have.

And try not to get too caught up in her web. I know that it's hard with your child in the middle, but you can only do what you can.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 4 months ago.

Hi. I'm checking in to see if the reply was helpful or if you need more follow up. I would be very interested in hearing back from you on whether you thought my response was helpful or if we need to continue with further discussion. My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5(Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done)button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer.
Thanks,
Dr. Mark