John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...
68372260

I am highly sensitive, introverted and had a really abusive

Customer Question

I am highly sensitive, introverted and had a really abusive childhood. I am also very logical which leaves me confused most days. I thought my high sensitivity was a disorder, not a personality trait. I just want to know how to live successfully with who I am. It seems the world is not created for me to fit in....
JA: How is your mood? Are you experiencing regular sleep disturbances (e.g. trouble falling asleep, waking up early)?
Customer: I sleep really well. I tend to sleep more if I am struggling.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I have struggled with suicidal thoughts in the past. I took anti anxiety meds for three months last year to help. Lately I am doing very well but I still have strong reactions to my husband when no reaction is necessarily needed.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I have no idea what a normal life is. I have always felt like this and I am 34 years old.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 5 months ago.
Hello! I am John. I am an LPC. I am looking over your question now. Please give me a moment. Thank you!
I am sorry to hear of your struggles. I too deal with anxiety and depression. It sounds to me like your emotional reservoir is full. This is figuratively where our emotional baggage is stored. Once it is full, we have nothing else to do but react on the spot. You have much emotional baggage you need to work through.
I am not a doctor, but I suggest you revisit your doctor about maybe something for anxiety and depression. Zoloft is mild enough.
Does that make sense to you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it makes sense. I will talk to my doctor again. Thanks
Your welcome! I'm glad I could help. Would you do me a favor now and rate my answer so I can receive credit for it?