Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I just watched something on youtube that was very upsetting…

Hi. I just watched something...
Hi. I just watched something on youtube that was very upsetting to me & it triggered memories that I keep locked away of some very bad things that happened to me in the past. I thought "I can handle watching this" it was about 5 minutes long but I can't handle it at all. My heart is racing, I can't watch tv, I'm really tired because it was a long day but now I can't sleep or rest. I feel like crying but I'm too tired. I wonder why I did that to myself. It wasn't fiction. So I saw a man talking who is a psychopath. I wish I hadn't. I try not to think about those people or when I do I feel more protected in myself. I hate these people. All they do is hurt everyone and everything. All they do is steal and copy other people. I hate them. They hurt me and they hurt some others that I loved. help. What can I do to stop feeling sick. :( Normally I'm staying in the present. I feel like unreal. Is this PTSD? I've been diagnosed with it & I know I have it. But what is happening to me right now? It feels like my mind is...like kind of when I take allergy medicine. I don't want to remember anything specific right now. I feel like I'm going to pass out but don't worry, I'm not going to, it just feels like that. And everything feels a bit surreal. I'm so tired. I'm going to lay down for a minute. I'll be back in a few minutes to read anything here. As usual my question is rambling thoughts. Sorry. If anyone has any ideas for practical things I can do right now that sometimes helps me. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. omg I just woke up. This is not good. I had a nightmare. Iwas in some maze of shops or something. It seemed to be inside but outside too. I'm not sure. There was a killer/crazed psychopath looking for/after me. It turned out to be this guy that I really dated/stayed with and turned out to be for real sociopath. (He attacked me with a knift and before that another time he knocked the whole bathroom door down & nevermind) In my dream my cat (well one of them, I"m not sure which, I do'nt have them all anymore) was always around me . I was so worried about my cat. Then there was this (normal) man who I knew in the dream and when he saw me he freaked out and was saying, no way, he wasn't going to hide me from that bad man beause that bad man was a monster, and the normal man in the dream just bolted away running in fear saying something like "that man scares the hell out of me- please stay away from me". I kept running and hiding but was so scared. I thnk I saw the bad man once & had to fake that everything was okay. Someone else was in the scene at the time but then I ran when i got arounda corner. Finally I found this nice woman (& mayber her husband) who ran a bakery and she was going to try and hide me or something. My cat was there. I woke up. I am awake but I feel so weird. I have also bad food reactions like allergy type stuff and I feel pretty weird like I might be having one of those. I see there's not a comment yet so I will try to lay back down. I'm tring to breath right now. I really hope I don't have a food reaction. I'm so tired I don't want to deal with that (headaches, vomitting, dizzyness) so I really pray it's not going to happen. Okay, my fingers feels like clumsy so sorry for all the mistakes.
5/10/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)

Hi! I'm John. I am an LPC. I really hope I can help you. Hang with me.

Wow! Sounds like you had a rough night. I want you to try something for me. Sit in an upright position with your hands on your knees. Breath in slowly for 4-5 seconds, hold it for the same, then let it go slowly for 4-5 seconds. Try this 5-6 times and tell me if it helps. I want to talk more but this might relax you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. I'm sorry I was up early and had something to do and just saw this. I've tried the breathing now for 6 times. It does make me a little calmer. Thank you. Today I feel drained. I don't know if you are still here now but I'd like to briefly talk about what happened last night when possible. And yeah, it was not the best night, lol.
You don't have to do the call, but I thought I would give the option. I have anxiety issues myself. Until I did, I had no clue. They are devastating.
Tell me more about your experience last night. So you were almost killed by a crazed lunatic I take it several years back? Where is he now? Are you safe?
What you had last night was an anxiety attack. Your nervous system went overload. Your emotion reservoir is full perse with past trauma. There is no room to process even the smallest of negative happening or emotions. The smallest of transgression will cause a meltdown these days. You need to process and release past trauma.
Hi! I hope I have been helpful. If you have any questions, please ask. I want to help you. Would you do me a favor and rate my answer so I can get credit for it?
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi John-Michaels,
I'm so sorry for being irresponsible like this. I'm not usually like this but this week I was. Sorry for failing to finish the conversation. You HAVE been incredibly helpful & it was not good of me to not finish talking with you. Guess I just buried my head in the sand but that wasn't fair to you. :( I will definitely rate & take care of things now. Apologies again & very best wishes to you. And thank you so much for reaching out to me and trying to help.