Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I was dx with add, ocd tendencies and anxiety 10 years ago.

I was dx with...

I was dx with add, ocd tendencies and anxiety 10 years ago. I stopped the adderal.meds bc if the crash they caused. I hear there is a time release that works good but in a new state and need doc tnst doesnt think im drig shopping.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

I eent through severe mental and physical abuse. I found myself not keeping thoughts straight, we call it circling and I get anxious if someone does things different.ike im not in contr. I tend to stay at home alot

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Anger and crowds makes it worse. I pNi. If I have to have anesthesia too bc I cNt protect myself

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am dx with ptsd with night terrors. Had sleep study done over night and full day. I tend to stay to go back to first stage of sleep during a terror and sleep at the clisest point to being awake. Alot of my bearings happened over 15 years by being woke up during the night.
5/6/2017
llw26
llw26, Mental Health Professional

Hi my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help. Moving to new places always makes getting a provider challenging. One of the things you can do is find a provider in your area that takes your insurance (if you're using insurance) and then ask to fill out a form to have your previous records submitted to the new provider's office (this is called a release of information). This release will allow the doctor to read your history and therefore know you don't have a problem with "drug shopping." Does this make sense?

llw26
llw26, Mental Health Professional
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ive done a that. I live in the cumberland mountains now. Not much around and I have the fear I fight of leavingy house.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thsnm you. I have tremors so severe my voice shakes. I'll figure out how to find help but th ank you anyway

So even with the records, the provider wouldn't prescribe you medication? That's odd - what was their reasoning?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didnt ask. I have RA and lupus. Anymore the disabiled are thrown in with drug addicts. Its humiliating. The one dr. Up here I did see prescription liw dose blood pressure med
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For tremors. But mine are like adrenaline overload

Oh wow, I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this. Is there a nurse practitioner that is in the area that could assist?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not that ive found. This area is bad, like everywhere else with drug addicts. No one listens and if I ask for what works ill be treated bad. Im at a loss but thank you for your help. Its a shame someone suffering is done this way. My record has always been clean. Same drs for 20- 10 years previous

It is very unfortunate - our mental health and medical systems aren't what they need to be or even what they should be - it's especially unfortunate for individuals with significant medical and mental health aliments, who reside in smaller towns - as I presume, for you, the next closest doctor is at least an hour away?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I havent found one in Tennessee that accepts medicare. Id pay cash if I could find help. Youve been great. Thank you. I'll continue to pray about it.

Okay, makes sense. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. I wish you the best of luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Im not alone. Cant tslk about this now.

Okay.