Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I have a ex wife that believes she's a witch, thinks she…

Customer Question
I have a ex...

I have a ex wife that believes she's a witch, thinks she fast real spells , thinks she's a medium, thinks she's dating celebrates that she had never met or ever will, thinks she dated the singer of blind melon, then he died, then said that the only reason our daughter was born was because the ghost of the dead singer jumped into my body only to conceive, what is your medical opinion on her mental status , and also she was raped by get own brother if that helps

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I on not sure what she takes,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

It's not me,

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
4/28/2017
Mental Health Professional: LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker replied 1 year ago
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi,. thank you for writing to us. My name is***** a diagnosis is impossible to give without a more thorough face-to-face evaluation. I can tell you that your wife is experiencing delusions. Delusions are false beliefs about the world around her and are often connected to someone experiencing "psychosis" where they are out of touch with reality. People having delusions will not easily recognize that they are not true and often, trying to tell them so will not result in any understanding or agreement on their part. Delusions can be connected to thinks like PTSD (she has a history of trauma), Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Major Depressive disorder, or Delusional Disorder. They could also be drug and/or alcohol induced or the result of a medical condition like a head injury or infection.

In a case like this, your wife is likely going to need medical intervention to stabilize her thinking and get to the root of why she is having these delusions. If at all possible, she needs to be seen in a psychiatric emergency room or by a psychiatrist at the earliest opportunity.

I am here to chat more if you;'d like. I am sorry she is experiencing this.

-Leah

Hello! Just checking in since I see this question is still open since I wasn't rated. How are you feeling? Anything else I can help with?

-Leah