Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I have some stress because of my older sister Shazmin Lalji

Hi my name is***** have...
Hi my name is***** have some stress because of my older sister Shazmin Lalji and her family. She always want to compete and it seems she can be skinny sometimes and other times she can be fat sometimes almost like she has two bodies. I want to get married and don't want family problems to scare the girl I like.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/27/2017
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi Ali, my name is***** you worried your competitive sister will drive this girl you like away? Have you warned the girl about your sister's tendencies so she can be prepared to be a bit guarded around her? Most people can tolerate some family stress so as long as you and your girlfriend have each other to provide support to one another, hopefully she'll be able to tolerate a bit of your challenging family dynamics without being too concerned.

Did I answer your question? If not, can you be more specific about what your question is so I can best help?

-Leah

her name is***** have studied in management and know men have rights and need to establish trust with family so relationships can be built. Something that happened recently is I went to the movies and I seen the Princess Yasmin Aga Khan in Edmonton and my mom will just say yeah shes here and not help but she helps my sister so I don't like my sister yelling what can be done when everyone is talking to my sister and hardly anyone to me?

So you feel like your family ignores you? Have you ever mentioned that you feel left out?

I am 37 years old and like to workout, go out, and pray at church. I am making friends and two things I have noticed since I go to church is bald men are basically good, but not 100% smart, and men with hair who drink are thinking why I like to have fun. My sister knows the two differences and I don't know if she cares for me. I have chosen not to go swimming with my sister because I don't have fun and find myself swimming alone more. I am thinking how my sister told my parents she wants to get married because so many people my age are married. I think everything will workout but i wish my sister didn't leave her children Azra and Jinayde at my house everyday.

I think you need to speak up and tell your sister how you feel.

LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker
ok thank you for you help

You are welcome. Thanks for the ratiing.

LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker