TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

My husband, just told me he was sexually abused as a child.

Customer Question

My husband, just told me he was sexually abused as a child. This makes it clear to me why he has a lot of angry towards others and blows the least little thing out of proportion. I has agreed to seek help to talk with someone. What type of profession do we look for and do you have any recommendations in the Louisville KY area. Our zip code is 40223.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 months ago.

Hi. I am so glad to hear that he is open to talking with someone. He deserves that safe space to begin to do the healing work that is needed. Give me a moment while I look for some referrals for you.

Here are two names for you to explore. They are Psychologists and I provided you with a male and a female since I don't know what his preference would be.

https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_detail.php?profid=230072&search=40223&ref=2&sid=1492444140.9225_22468&zipcode=40223&tr=ResultsName

https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_detail.php?profid=304344&search=40223&ref=9&sid=1492444140.9225_22468&zipcode=40223&tr=ResultsName

Let me know how else I can support you.

If all good for now, please take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so but without a positive rating from you, I will not receive credit for my support. Thanks for understanding.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thx! we have apt with Dr. this afternoon.
Fantastic news. Please take a moment now to click the rating faces to rate my support so that I may be credited for my time.
Jen

Without ratings on your questions to experts, we do not receive credit for our time and I am hoping you can understand that and provide a rating so you can get the best possible support on this site.