How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask llw26 Your Own Question
llw26, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 208
Experience:  LCPC-2015. Clinical Forensic Psychology
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
llw26 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I crossed the line of obsession with an ex girlfriend that

Customer Question

I crossed the line of obsession with an ex girlfriend that ended our 2 year relationship in February. She's a very smart person that has givin me endless chances to take the correct steps. I very seriously over stepped my boundaries yesterday and I feel like a possible danger to myself. I've been drinking or taking sleeping pills so I can lesson the anxiety ad try to sleep. I need to consider counseling and medication. Would really appreciate some help today . Jake *******

Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  llw26 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Since you believe you are a danger to yourself, I strongly suggest you go to the emergency room in order to keep yourself and your ex-partner safe. At the emergency room they will be able to assist you with your needs. I would also strongly suggest you discontinue mixing the sleeping pills and alcohol, as this combination may be lethal. Is there someone that can either take you to the emergency room or meet you there?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not now. I came to monroe to stay with family,
Expert:  llw26 replied 5 months ago.

Okay, so are you saying you are no longer having thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not at the moment. But I do feel very depressed. We worked together so I quit my job and can't see her or any of my buddies from worrk. Want to try an anti anxiety medication
Expert:  llw26 replied 5 months ago.
Okay. Thank you for the additional information. Will you be with your family for some time? If so, I would suggest you find a psychiatrist near your parents home to potentially obtain medication. If you'd like help in this search, please let me know. Do you have any friends outside of work you could see?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea I think I'm gonna go start a new job doing construction. Make some new buddies. I'm really ashamed about how everything turned out for me and her. It's gonna be a lot better to not have to see her everyday. Even tho I want to
Expert:  llw26 replied 5 months ago.

That's an excellent idea! Keeping yourself active and social will really help. I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling. It is with hope that with time these feelings will lessen. Have you thought about going to one-on-one therapy? It will be difficult not seeing her every day, yet, I also think this will help with the healing process. Give yourself time to grieve the relationship, many people don't allow themselves that time to be sad and upset, as they don't like the feeling. But this is similar to a death, it's an ending of a relationship with someone you were very close with and shared 2 years together.