Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I been haveing some mental issues and it felt like bipolar i…

Customer Question
Hi i been haveing...

Hi i been haveing some mental issues and it felt like bipolar i want to know if i realy have to so i can seek help from a professional docter

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No not yet am from a small city and my family is history is full of mental illness

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

schizophrenia and psychosis

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
4/13/2017
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 1 year ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

I hear your concern about having a mood disorder, possibly bipolar disorder. That must be really frightening especially given your family history. Can you tell me the symptoms you have been concerned about? Linda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
am usually dawn like i cant seem to enjoy anything but when am high i feel like my head is going to explode from how fast my thoughts are and how fast am talking its emmbarssing cause usually am not talktive but when i am i cant help it and i talk to multible people at the same time my focus is either really high like i can pick somethings up others dont and memorize fast and remember every detile or i cant focuse or remember things i did mitune ago its tiring i always have nightmares disturping ones and feel like its real i have sleeping issues i either cant sleep much and i wake u every 2 hours or i sleep too much
i have this on going cycle of sudden intense feelings i cut off myself from everyone until i get comfortable at these times i would be feeling like crap it happens every 2 months i would feel like crying for no reasons but i cant i would get irritable for no reason i get so mad and defensive for no reason again and i always push myself to do alot of things at the same time and i think i can do it i would look at a makeup tuturial and buy so much make but i use ones i like crafting i bought so much and i dont use much i feel the need to buy stuff sometimes i have suicidal thoughts
and when i care i care too much i feel so much when i have a problem my head keeps talking over and over i usually have headaches sometimes i wake up from my sleep with like one thought in my head and brains start like 1+1=2? no no no no and it start again over and other my sleeping habits are tiring lately i dont go out or talk to anyone i know how schizophrenia i lived with one my whole life i know i dont have it but i have something cause it driving me crazy my family is not helping they make it worse and idk what to do

Is it possible for you to meet with a psychiatrist to share what you have shared here and get an evaluation? It is impossible to diagnose a person without a face to face interview but yes, it definitely does sound like you are mentally stressed and out of balance. Linda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but isnt this what the website is for ? can you tell me what are the key point i should point out to psychiatrist i dont want to go like that cause am already terrfied of going cant you tellme what it may be at least ? anyone could tell am out of balance right now

No, we are not here to diagnose or give medications. We are here to answer people's concerns and validate that they may need to follow up with a professional in their are. You do have some symptoms that should be discussed with a professional in person. The signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder are different depending on the type of episode (i.e., manic or depressive). Each episode marks a drastic change from the way a person usually acts and their typical mood. It sounds like your behaviors are consistent with these.

Symptoms of a manic episode may include:

• Feelings of euphoria, abnormal excitement, or elevated mood
  • Talking very rapidly or excessively
  • Needing less sleep than normal, yet still having plenty of energy
  • Feeling agitated, irritable, hyper, or easily distracted
  • Engaging in risky behavior such as lavish spending, impulsive sexual encounters, or ill-advised business decisions

Symptoms of a depressive episode (bipolar depression) may include:

• No interest in activities you once enjoyed
  • Loss of energy
  • Difficulty sleeping—either sleeping too much or not at all
  • Changes in appetite—eating too much or too little
  • Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
  • Thoughts of death or suicide