Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Im experiencing sever anxiety and panic attacks, its hard to…

Customer Question
Im experiencing sever anxiety...

Im experiencing sever anxiety and panic attacks, its hard to breathe, im unable to leave my house, i dont know what to do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Nothing is helping I have tried meditating and getting no where. I keep having these panic attacks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the Psychologist should know?

No, recently loss of my mother

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/25/2017
Mental Health Professional: Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC replied 1 year ago
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer and for waiting so long for a response from an expert. Anxiety and panic attacks are truly horrible, but fortunately they are treatable and symptoms can be greatly reduced with the combination of psychotherapy and medication. The first step to take is to notify your physician of your symptoms as soon as possible so that he can make recommendations for treatment that will probably include him. Is this something you can do on Monday? Linda D., LMSW, CASAC