Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Dear Dr. Keane, I did what you suggested about my dad.

Dear Dr. Keane,I did what...
Dear Dr. Keane,I did what you suggested about my dad. Actually, I spoke to my mum too and she's right, it just is not his kind of thing, to get support. You were right, when I initially brought up the subject with my dad, safe to say he was quite mad about it. My mum says she is working on him to try and find a solution to his woes. At least that's something. I don't know when, so could be ages, but they should be going to see my gran sometime. I plan not to go this time because he has to see that going away together is not going to be all that bad. It'll also give me time to do some much needed stuff here. Not totally orchestrated, perhaps just a little haha. I don't think it'll all be rosey, I'm far from naive about it. Can't do any harm though. Then I'll see my gran some other time.I can't remember what else I was going to say. It's a busy, complex week and it's only Tuesday. Much going on for me to be thinking about anyway.I hope that you are well. Spring is more or less here. Early spring flowers are blooming, sometimes the sun is out, still on the cold side though. The weekend was nice, I went out to do stuff, see a film. I was supposed to do that with a friend who cancelled the day before, so I went alone. My friend missed a good film and completely since it was its last weekend. I made sure I had a nice time though.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/10/2017
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist

Hi, sorry for the delay, I did not have my computer handy and for some odd reason I could not log on from my phone. Strange. However, I am glad you at least started the conversation and then stepped back a bit so they can work on it themselves. Men are sometimes resistant to get a professional opinion or guidance. Good work.

Spring was here but now we are expecting a big snow storm....no idea how much we'll get as it changes every day. But hopefully it won't do damage to the flowers that have already bloomed and trees that have sprouted thus far.

Glad you had a nice weekend and since it's now Friday I hope that you have an even better one this week.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, thanks for replying to me. We thought our weather was getting more severe, but we've since heard about snow in NJ and the state of emergency. I hope that you don't lose power or anything. I hope that you are able to keep warm and stay safe. Take care.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dear Dr. Keane, for some reason I cannot do my bit to be able to rage and pay you because I think you need to do something techie first from your end. Anyway, I hope that the snow is away now. Its random weather like that over here too.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope the people you know in London are all safe (I seem to remember you mentioning you know people there and you like London). I heard from all the people who are there and they are safe. Some of my friend's friends had to wait at work for a long time though, but are also ok. It's just awful all the same.

Hi, hoping it's the end of winter here....all my friends in London are fine....awfully sad. thanks for the reminder :)

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist