Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am looking for the right treatment/medication, to help

Customer Question

Good morning! I am looking for the right treatment/medication, to help manage my GAD & MDD. I am overwhelmed, frustrated and overall, feel as though I'm losing my mind. Started taking Viibrd last Summer, felt great, but didn't like the sexual side effects. My doctor switched me to Trintellix (2months) and so far, I am NOT feeling better and I think I may be allergic to the medication. I will be seeing my PCP on Wednesday, so we can discuss another option. Is there a particular drug that you would recommend to treat my disorders? I'm also looking to add Some sort of talk therapy into my treatment, but unsure as to seek a psychologist or psychiatrist? Thank you for your help.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, I am seeing a doctor, but unfortunately he is not in my network (insurance), so I'll be seeeing someone new starting in March. I currently take: a multivitamin, Montelukast (10mg), Flonase (50mcg), Fish Oil, Trazodone (50mg) and Trintellix (10mg).....
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: I'm not sure what you mean, but I may have OCD too. It's not extreme, but I've been told by family, that I do. I've have had one major panic attack that landed me in the hospital, about 5 years ago.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I'm not exactly sure how long I've been "dealing" with this, but have become more aware of my symptoms since my divorce in 2011-12. Symptoms are best when I feel my life is in "control" and everyone/everything around me is good. Symptoms get worse when I feel my life is out of control, stress is high or my confidence is shaken. My mind is constantly working, effecting my sleep. I worry too much about EVERYTHING! I have a mentally challenging career, working with the public.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 months ago.

Hi. I'd be very glad to help you with your question. It really seems as though you're having a tough time right now dealing with your anxiety. And because there are a number of life stressors that seem involved here, I agree with you that talk therapy is something you need to add to your treatment plan. I'd like to pursue that more with you, but it would help to ask you a few questions first.

You were doing well with Viibryd. Interestingly, it hit the market a few years ago because it had so few sexual side effects. Are they severe enough for you that it's not worth to retry with it?

Have you had psychotherapy before? What type? Was it effective.?

Hi. I'm checking in to see if the reply was helpful or if you need more follow up. I would be very interested in hearing back from you on whether you thought my response was helpful or if we need to continue with further discussion. My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen,then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5(Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done)button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer.

Thanks,

Dr. Mark

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 months ago.

I'll be in sessions the rest of the day; so I'll try to reply to your reply this evening.

Dr. Mark

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Go ahead and reply with further information or let me know if you'd like me to give you an answer based on what you've shared with me so far. Thanks,

Dr. Mark

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Mark. I'd really like to help if I can. So, go ahead and reply and I'll write the answer for you.