TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

Three weeks ago increased Paxil from 20 to 40 mil! How will

Customer Question

Three weeks ago increased Paxil from 20 to 40 mil! How long will it take to kick in?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 7 months ago.

As you can see by your experiences with medication it can take some trial and error to ind the right one and to find the correct therapeutic dose. Unfortunately there isn't a one size fits all in terms of how well a medication works or how long it will take to begin to feel better. Do you have any signs that there could be slight improvement? It could take 4 to 6 weeks, but again everyone responds in their own way and time. If you don't feel like you are getting enough out of this does, then call your prescribing doctor to talk about adjustments. Do not stop any medication without working with the prescribing doctor. I hope you find relief soon.

Jen

Can I support you any further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have seen some improvement so I will hang in! Thanks for your reply!
I'm so happy to hear that. Please take a moment to click on the ratimg smiley faces. you are not charged again for doing so but without it I am not credited for my time thanks so much for understanding that.