Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

My wife and I did some role reversal consisting of her being…

My wife and I...

My wife and I did some role reversal consisting of her being dominant. Domestic discipline and domination. SometiMrs she makes me wear panties. I find embarrassing but arousing too. The whole mentalk part of submitting is a turn. However we function well in coventional. Sex. Is there something wrong with me?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Some hbp & cholesterol all well controlled by medication. 62 years old

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Ptsd military. combat survivor symptoms

12/28/2016
LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker

Hi, my name is***** for writing to us. It does not sound like there is anything "wrong" with your wife for wanting to experiment in these new sexual ways with you. It is actually quite telling of the security in your relationship that she feels comfortable enough to ask and that you feel comfortable enough to play along. Humans are very sexual creatures with a vast array of desires and fantasies, most of which are completely normal. Sometimes, experiences like trauma can impact these fantasies but as long as her actions or yours are not causing either of you direct distress or harm, they should not be considered worrisome or indicative of issues. If something goes too far or does prove to make you or her uncomfortable, just make sure you have an "open door"policy established where possible boundary or comfort breaches are able to be confronted and respected. And in the meantime, enjoy the exploration and letting your guard down - there is a world of possibilities you may have never even considered that could bring great enhancement to your marriage and life :)

-Leah

LeahMSWuofm
LeahMSWuofm, Clinical Social Worker