How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been advice to see a psychiatrist about my health. I've

Customer Question

I've been advice to see a psychiatrist about my health. I've been taking overdose of codeine syrup for sometime. I'm able to quit for sometime but before I realize, I will start making use of the medication again. I need to quit forever and am taking this a lot serious this time. Please advice
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Are you planning to see a psychiatrist about this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was planning to but later thought that this could be the best way to stay in touch with one. please advice
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

You need to see a psychiatrist if you want to quit it. Since you are addicted with it, it is very difficult to stop it on your own.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I will schedule a time to visit a psychiatrist. thank you.
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. Thank you.

Related Mental Health Questions