Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I am a 30 yr old female, been seeing psychiatrists and

Customer Question
Hello. I am a 30...
Hello. I am a 30 yr old female, been seeing psychiatrists and therapists since I was 18. Diagnoses:Agoraphobia, OCD, Generalized Anxiety, Mood Disorder, Insomnia, PTSD from childhood traumas. I've been with my current psychiatrist for 2 years and I am prescribed:Neurontin, Ambien, Propranolol, and Xanax. I have been prescribed meds similar or same as these for my entire adult life off and on. I have been drug tested bc of being prescribed controlled substances in the past by giving a urine sample and have NEVER had any issues. My last visit with my current Dr, the nurse had me do a swab test which I willingly did. Out of no where they have cancelled all refills on controlled substances and will not tell me why over the phone, I am 100% there is nothing illegal I have taken besides occasional Marijuana which my Dr already knows and has told me she has no problem with. I searched online looking for a reason they would cancel my meds and refuse to tell me unless I pay a $50 copay and go in..the only explanation I am coming across is this: the nurse said the tip of the swab would turn blue once the sample was on the swab, I had this swab in my mouth over 10 minutes and it never turned blue but she took the swab and sent to the lab anyway. According to the Internet, the nurse should not have used that sample. She should have done it again. Also, I have read online that she was supposed to seal the sample into the tube and have me watch her do so then initial the tube. She did not do this either. I'm trying to find out if these mistakes could lead to my swab being contaminated or switched?? I am at a loss at this point!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
11/19/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Greetings
Welcome to the site.
Well, I am sorry to learn about your situation and I empathize with you.
You see there is a high possibility that the test conducted that day had an altered or poor quality specimen which in turn affected the test results.
So whenever such a genuine doubt is there regarding the test result then the test needs to be repeated. So I Agree with you that you need to ask your doctor to get the test repeated under his own supervision and based on the test result the next step can be decided.
So do not worry and be patient as there is still hope for you.
Kindly talk to your doctor and tell him that the test was not conducted properly so kindly get it repeated.
I am positive the doctor will take your suggestions seriously and will be ready for a repeat test.
I hope this helps
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist