Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I've been on many antipsychotics over the years and have had

Customer Question

I've been on many antipsychotics over the years and have had limited success. I have even retried some of the same antipsychotics 10 years later. Does it make any sense to retry a medication that may not have worked in the past, even though the complete drug cocktail is different?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 months ago.
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe I can help you with your query.
Well, if the drug cocktail is new one despite of being inclusive of that drug which has already been tried before with little or no effect then yes this new cocktail can actually work, reason being the old drug may interact and work synergistically with other drugs of this new combination and provide much better results this time around.
So I feel that you need to give the new drug regime a genuine try and let's hope this time around you get better results.
If you may just mention to me the old drug and the new drug cocktail then I will be better positioned to give my opinion on this.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards

May i please request you to kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer so that i can be credited for my service.

Regards