Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

Im feeling very sad and isolated ... yes... Im on brintillex…

Im feeling very sad...

Im feeling very sad and isolated ...

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes... Im on brintillex 30 mg and amytryptallin at night to sleep

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

I have been admitted twice with suicidal ideation

Doctor's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

I don't want to, but I dont see another way out

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

Yes, my friend and aunt... my friend told me that she loved me and didnt want to lose me and my aunt stayed online until I ate something and came to a safe place I'm at home alone. My mum brother and husband are out of town Im supposed to be staying at a friends but the guilt of not being a good enough person keeps hitting me I told them I'll stay at home for now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please help ...
11/4/2016
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Hello, would you like to talk live or would you like to continue here? I am here to help you. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
live talk I think
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I think lets talk here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello?

Hello, how are you doing? Can you help me to understand why you are feeling so sad and isolated today? Linda

I am helping a young boy who is struggling, if I don't get right back to you it is not because I have forgotten you, I will be with you just as soon as I can. You matter to me a great deal. Also if you want the phone conversation, can you tell me your time zone that you are in? Thank you, Linda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IT's been one thing after another. I got sick 3 years ago. Took a break from med school to do a lot of CBT. it helped but last year I was in a 2 week in patient facility. My dad died of a heart attack at this time and it's been one thing after another. I had an arranged marriage and my husband came to botswana from India and it was 2 months of hell, which included one physical fight. I was just increasing doses at the time and wasnt able to give him attention. My mum then started unravelling and becoming paranoid. I managed to get back to India so that she's with her family and they can help her cause she refused help here, and she is convinced Im trying to kill her, and that dad died because I was ill and admitted in hospital. Just as mum reached india my grandad died suddenly.I was supposed to be with one family friend but they wanted me out of their house cause of my grandads death and they had a strange belief that I was untouchable for 3 days. My husband then forced me to stay with another family friend who was struggling with the dead of her own dad and didnt want me hanging around the house during the day.Now I feel unwanted. sad. I cried most of today.By ill earlier I meant depressed and suicidal. I've had two previous admissions for suicidal ideation. Since dad died I've kept the family going, I'm a doctor and was the only earning member for a short period of time. Now I feel like my whole life is unravelling and I don't have a purpose.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I live in Botswana .. which is +2 hours GMT
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wish you would say somthing. anything

I am here, i am working with a family for the next hour and a half then i am totally free to communicate with you. You have had an extremely difficult set of circumstances to deal with. I am sorry there has been so much, but you do show resilience and inner strength. Are you currently working with a psychotherapist. Have you done family of origin work? When is the last time your medications were evaluated? Are you originally from the states? Thank you for answering my questions. As i said I am working with a family for an hour and a half but will return to communicate with you soon. I am here for you. Linda

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no Im not working with anyone at the moment. no I havent done any family of origin work. My meds were increased last at the begining of aug. Im originally Indian but have lived all my life in Botswana.

Is it possible for you to see a psychotherapist and do some work around the trauma and your lack of personal protective boundaries I am hearing in your experiences? do you need to return to the hospital for a therapeutic intervention? Are you feeling suicidal now? If so, your need is beyond the scope of what I can do here to help you. I look forward to hearing from you. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
personal protective boundaries? please explain...

Protective Boundaries are in place to help protect our inner self and personal integrity from the invasion of others due to their emotional needs, wants, beliefs. Protective boundaries are usually role modeled to us and/or we have to learn them from a therapist or from psychological work that we do. They are meant to keep us emotionally and mentally safe. When our boundaries are too loose we are vulnerable to "others" needs, wants, feelings, desires, etc. invading who we are. Similar to the way a healthy immune system exists to protect us from the invasion of disease, bacteria, etc. Does this make sense?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The problem here is that there aren't a lot of therapists to work with, Which is why I had travelled to India to get help 2 years ago. Are there any techniques you can suggest I look up and work with? I have been to several therapists here who haven't been very useful as they are very quick in assuming that culture has a much larger influence to my experoences than in reality.I don't want to kill myself but I feeled very cornered at the moment because there is far too much going on around me.so I feel very vulnerable to the experiences of those around me.
which explains the need for protective boundaries. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do until I am able to find someone to help me put this in place?At what point should I seek intervention at the hospital?

There is an excellent book you can purchase called Boundaries and Relationships by Charles Whitfield; it comes with an assessment you can complete and a lot of important information for you to learn about protective boundaries. There are now online therapists that can do Skype with you for free that can provide a good therapeutic environment to do psychological work. This is especially good for individuals who do not have access to clinical supports where they live. You would google online therapists, etc.

The point that you should seek intervention at the hospital is when you feel you can not mange your symptoms at home and/or if you start finding yourself developing a plan to harm yourself or someone else.

Hello, I wanted to check in and see how you are doing and if any of my suggestions were helpful to you. I am here if you need me. Please take a moment to rate my service to you, I would truly appreciate it. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've been advised to go for a two week in patient facility. Its in South Africa so I havent managed to sort out paperwork to go yet. I'm so tired all the time.Maybe I should just do what I wanted to yesterday and just give up.

Please follow up on the recommendations that were given to you and do not let how you feel today dictate how you will feel tomorrow. Give the inpatient a chance, you have nothing to lose. Sending you good energy and prayers for healing this weary spirit of yours. Linda

Linda D.
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC