Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Well Idk where to start but I just came off of a 3 day

Customer Question

Well Idk where to start but I just came off of a 3 day almost dream state where I felt alone, tons of anxiety, Unusual tiredness and I would disconnect from the world (Phone off, no social media or communication) didn't even do my usual task I like to do on the day to day basis. Its happened a lot this year specifically and am noticing it recurring. Its effecting my work and personal life. Any ideas what could b wrong with me?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've never been diagnosed with anyone. I just know the symptoms doesn't seem normal... I feel stuck, I feel like giving up and can never think my way out of it even when I'm aware I'm still stuck in that state until it just disapeates but by that time its days later and when I think back its a blur
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 9 months ago.
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
I am a Psychiatrist and I believe I can help you with your query.
Well, your symptoms such as tiredness, social withdrawal or isolation, feeling of low mood, lack of interest and pleasure in previously pleasurable activities, feeling hopelessness and stuck , all these features are suggestive of Depression. You may not have full blown severe depression as now since these symptoms are not consistent and they do subside after few days only to return later after a gap of few days, but if does seem like you are slipping into depression or are mildly depressed.
So I will suggest that you get yourself assessed by a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist and get yourself started on a course of anti depressant with or without CBT therapy which is a type of counseling technique that helps in learning coping skills to fight off depression.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you believe there is a preventative to depression? What would be the best treatment for fast recovery?
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 months ago.
If you start on an anti depressant drug and complete the course on it for few weeks then this can prevent falling into severe depression and also this will ensure faster recovery.
Some good choices for anti depressant drugs are lexapro at 10 - 20 mg/ day or Zoloft at dose of 25 - 150 mg/ day.
Kindly get started on any one of these medication and soon you shall start appreciating the positive outcome in your symptoms.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer
Regards