Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Me my husband my sister and mother all went to Orlando

Customer Question
Florida from Pensacola to go...
Me my husband my sister and mother all went to Orlando Florida from Pensacola to go on a cruise that cruised out on 8/19/2016 we arrived 1day early and stayed at Hilton hotel , when we checked in we all were in one room so around 4pm I went in the bathroom of the hotel and took a shower after I got out I shut the door and the panel fell down and hit the back of my head causing me to slip and fall on my back against the shower molding I was in servere pain and my mother called to our room the manager and the maintained superviior where they examined room and filled out incident report and said to all us that they apologize someone was working on room and didn't secure the belts on panel or lock it back up please keep in mind this panel was at least 10ft and weighted about 50/75 pounds she asked if I wanted to go to hospital and I don't know if it was because I was so embarrassed or the fact I was in so much pain but I chose to lay down and she sent up to the room waters and Advil for my head that next morning my pain was so servere that I went to er and they recommended us not going on the cruise and we didn't go and the 3500 dollar credit we had on ship was GONE we couldn't get it back because we couldn't go we also paid about 1600 roughly for all us to go and rented a car for 250 paying 100 in gas and about 169 on the hotel room , after leaving hospital the hotel called and offered a free night stay at hotel and we accepted the next day we packed up in went back to Pensacola Florida where I went to hospital (bill was 6500.00) also I was in chrio with doctor Roberts so far my bill there is 1200.00 and went to another chrio which there my bill is 1500.00 also went to another 2 hospital totaling 9,100.00 I missed a week from work so far in total totaling 322.00 also I am going to a psychologist about my mental health because of the anxiety and post trauma stress I can not use restrooms I am emotional distress and I use bathroom on my self and in cups and pots because I am afraid that something may happen I hear voices when going into small area and I pee and sometimes poop on myself because of this phobia lit is really hard and played a big impact in my life so far , not only that but my chrio ordered me a MRI and my lower back and I will attach the results from that also please take into consideration that my cervial has positive finds as well I'm pretty sure of it from the pain I go they daily my question I would like to ask based on what I just told you what do you think could be the mental injury from this
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please look at attchment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/15/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you had this injury from this panel falling down and hitting the back of your head and causing you to slip and fall on your back.

the mental injury would vary from patient to patient and would need a doctor or psychiatrist to evaluate your mental status after this event.

it sounds like you are tallying up the cost of the events and you are seeing a lawyer to sue the cruise company?

I am sure you are having stress and anxiety and feelings of loss or depression from not being able to go on your cruise.

I would be quite upset as well.

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist