Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I have been diagnosed with BPD x also have complex physical

Customer Question
health problems x am on...
I have been diagnosed with BPD x also have complex physical health problems x am on lot meds x am better a bit but do have times when binge drink and also spend x never done enough of either to destroy myself x feeling dispondent and wish my "switch" could be flicked to a more positive agenda x I miss apps due to other probe x help xx
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
10/9/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you have been diagnosed with biploar disorder?

are you taking medications for this?

are you seeing a psychiatrist regularly?

you need to seek help to stop binge drinking. there are programs and support groups which can help you with this

it sounds like you are reaching out for help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Relist: Answer quality.
I was under the impression that a psychiatrist would be responding to my question x no disrespect to the Dr Who responded x
Mental Health Professional: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

The system says that you have requested assistance from a new expert.

However, for any expert to assist you further, it will help if you could clarify the diagnosis and the medicines that you are currently taking.

It is worth noting that when referring to a mental health disorder, the abbreviation, BPD, is primarily used for borderline personality disorder. But the symptoms that you describe sound more like bipolar disorder. This is why the other expert asked for clarification regarding the diagnosis, and why it would still be helpful for you to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I was diagnosed with BPD by a consultant psychiatrist,am currently on the following meds

Lansoprazole 15 mg 1 a day

Levothyroxine 1 x 100 mg and 1 x 50 mg once daily

Propranolol 1 x 160 mg daily

Fluoexetine 1 x 20 mg daily

Quetiapine 1 x 25 mg twice daily

Adcal-D3 caplets 2 x twice daily

Mirtazapine 1 x 15 mg daily

Gabapentin 1 x 300 mg twice daily

Tramadol 2 x 50 mg four times daily

Also have cervical spondylosis,osteoarthritis, back pain,sciatica,chronic pain and chronic fatigue, diagnosed also Fibro myalgia. When 16 had parotid tumour removed followed by radiotherapy. Have tinnitus in left ear and also exposed bone.was side tumour removed from.

I am sorry for the delay, but I had to step away from the computer when I had not heard back from you for a while, but I will be online for the rest of the night.

I see that you said that you were diagnosed with BPD by a consultant psychiatrist, but does that mean that the consultant psychiatrist was using the common use to mean borderline personality disorder?

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist