TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

Not sure if I am crazy and need help. I'm 72 my husband is

Customer Question

Not sure if I am crazy and need help. I'm 72 my husband is 77. Four children 2 boys 2 girls 9 grandchildren. The youngest daughter is 42 divorce and has 2 children boy and girl. The way she talks to us is so gross. My husband got a mortgage in his name for her told her he was not going to make One payment this month s payment will be late on the 15 th. She does not have a job. Says she is ADHD so blames us for everything and is verbal abusssive that I just blocked her. She thinks I need help what do you think.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Sounds to me like she may take advantage of your kindness shown to her and that some boundaries need to be set in a loving and kind way. I would try and talk with her when things calm down by sharing your feelings and not attacking and if there are things in her behavior that are upsetting you can gently let her know and hopefully you can all come back together in a way that is respectful to all. You and your husband are very giving but some boundaries may need to be set so you can both feel okay about the relationship.

Let me know your thoughts. I am here to discuss.