Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am trying to balance and control my mental health but am

Customer Question

I am trying to balance and control my mental health but am afraid of medication. What are some of the best ways to cope? Will it ever go away?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JA. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. I am preparing my reply and will post in one moment.

Hello there, thank you for your patience. Many individuals prefer to treat the symptoms of mental health without medication and in fact Forbes magazine did an article I will share with you about how much more psychotherapy is effective in treating symptoms than medication. Is this something you have considered? After I hear back from you I also want to share some areas to build into your life to strengthen your emotional and psychological resiliency and coping skills. I look forward to hearing from you and will be online all day today. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC