How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 18671
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been to my doctor I have been on meds for most of my

Customer Question

I have been to my doctor I have been on meds for most of my life for my bipolar and panick attacks I have even been in mental institutes for long periods of time but my dr now has decided what's best is for me not to be on them meds any longer and I don't have transportation to go from Dr to dr and phyciatrist to phyciatrist
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to the site.

Please kindly mention what is your query ?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been have severe panick attacks like can't breathe feels like my hest is just crushing In I get very irrational a out things don't want to be with or around any one I am to the point that me and my husband is splitting up if things don't start to improve I have had these problems a long time have seen therapist been to counseling and phyciatrist I have been in mental institutes I try so hard to succeed without the medicine but I had 3 dr prior to the one I have now and he doesn't think I need help don't live my life so that is kind of insulting I don't know what to do about it any more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was the last place I thought I would be asking for help please if y'all can't just tell me up front it's my last option I don't have transportation to and from Dr all over I can't hardly be around anyone with getting the shakes and sweating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pay this dr money to help me but he just kind of over looks anything I say tells me more counseling I have been in group therapy for so long in the past month 4 or 5 times a day I go to feeling like walls are closing In my chest feels like it's crushing my breathing gets real fast I know ow it's my panick attacks but I have tried just about anything I have been told since I been off my medication. I just really don't want to loose my family is love them so much but my dr don't care
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there was anything you could do to help point me in the right direction I need a phyciatrist if you can't help my transportation was destroyed during the flood here in LA so it may be a while b4 I can get another vehicle we wer completely destroyed home everything we was lucky enough to have saved our suv
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you are having so much difficulty.

Unfortunately, your only real option here is to be seen by a different Psychiatrist. Over the internet, we can say that someone with a significant worsening of symptoms when medicines are stopped would usually be restarted on the medicines. Or if the medicines were stopped for a specific reason, such as side effect, it would be appropriate to use a medicine from a different class.

However, the actual prescription of the medicine would require the complete assessment of a patient and determination of which medicine or other treatment should be used. And that can only be done by a Psychiatrist. And if this Psychiatrist is not willing to consider it, then you should see a different Psychiatrist.

I understand what you are saying about the difficulty with transportation, but you still will need to be seen by a Psychiatrist.