Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

My doctor has me on 30 Cymbalta morning and nite plus 25 of

Customer Question
luvox morning and nite I...
my doctor has me on 30 Cymbalta morning and nite plus 25 of luvox morning and nite I feel like one of them is keeping me awake. I have taken Cymbalta 60 in the morning for the past 7 years had no problem until recently I was having major anxiety and parnoia..thinking of just taking the luvox at nite
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: the past 3 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: depression runs in my family
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
8/28/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and welcome.

Insomnia that is lack of sleep is one of the side effects of luvox but at the same time it is the medication for depression and anxiety. I would suggest you to discuss this with prescribing doctor for dose adjustment for best results.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish you good health.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does lexapro have that same effect?

Yes, unfortunately all of the antidepressants have this side effect so do lexapro.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor