Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I wanted to interview someone in person, but I had trouble…

Customer Question
Hello, I wanted to interview someone...
I wanted to interview someone in person, but I had trouble getting an appointment.
Please if you have time, can you answer the questions below? This is for my class, and I am trying to learn as much as I can (your insights and experience)
What are the most common or uncommon disorders you encounter?
What is your clinical focus?
Do you have any specialty other than your graduate degree?
What kind of methods/techniques do you use?
Have you tried methods that did not work in the past?
How did you rectify it? What do you know now that you were not made aware of? What aspect do you enjoy or least enjoy? What do you say is the biggest misconception and that the general public should know about?
Again, thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,
Jasmine
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lastly, what are some of the ethical/professional issues that you encounter? And do you think should be done to minimize the stigma/impact?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You may email me as well, if you are unable to make a call. I just hope that I hear from a qualified mental health professional. Thank you ...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I heard that psychologists/psychiatrists/ do have to work on their personal issues as well, if so, how do they justify it when dealing with clients with similar issues?
8/5/2016
Mental Health Professional: HomeworkPro,
 replied 1 year ago
HomeworkPro

Dear Jasmine,

Here are the answers to your questions:

The most common disorders I encounter tend to be schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

My clinical focus is on treating these disorders through psychotherapy - a mixture of therapy and medication.

My speciality other than my graduate degree is law.

I focus on positive reinforcement and mentoring.

No, my methods have worked.

The biggest misconception that the public should know is that those people with a mental challenges are very smart and many of them are law-abiding.

I participate in volunteer activities to minimize the stigma of mental illness and also fundraise for research.

I see my own psychiatrist once a year.

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Donna, I appreciate the reply, but can you emphasize/ elaborate further? For instance, you mentioned that schizophrenia and bipolar are rather common, why is that
 replied 1 year ago

Dear Jasmine,

These are common disorders where people tend to receive treatment for. They manifest in ways where people tend to require hospitalization. Unlike personality disorders where more often than not people do not tend to receive treatment. Plus schizophrenia and bipolar disorders are my area of specializations.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Donna,
Can you give me an example of a positive reinforcement and mentoring?
 replied 1 year ago

Dear Jasmine,

I do have many, many examples, however due to confidentiality I cannot discuss them in detail. I can tell you one example where one client of mine who has bipolar disorder went from being a scared but brave and brilliant master's student in Education to a married, second child on the way and a soon-to-be PhD Candidate at a prestigious university. I hope that helps. If you like more Q & A, I would need to propose additional credit. I hope this helps. I am now ready to rated.

Kindest regards,

Donna

replied 1 year ago

Dear Jasmine,

I am waiting for you to accept this response so I can receive credit for the question.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My apologies, but I wanted to hear deeper insights from a mental health professional, not just a few words. I paid $35, which I believe calls for a thorough and more in-depth response. I want someone to think things through rather than throw a few words. Plus, this is not a free consultation. $35 should be more thorough and details. That's how I view. Otherwise, I could have just asked and seek the answers online myself. I hope you understand.
Mental Health Professional: Jawaad Ahmed,
 replied 1 year ago
Jawaad Ahmed

Hello

I can research a interview in which the conversation will be provided like some one has interviewed some professional and it is now available to see, I can do that for you, please let me know if you want my help, thanks.

replied 1 year ago

Hello

Did you got my message?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello F. Naz, I am looking for someone in the medical field, preferably a psychiatrist/psychologist, not an account. Sorry...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are the most common or uncommon disorders youencounter?
What is your clinical focus?
How did you rectify it? What do you know now that you were not made aware of? What aspect do you enjoy or least enjoy? What do you say is the biggest misconception and that the general public should know about?Again, thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.Regards,
Jasmine
08 August 2016 08:3905 August 2016 12:47
Mental Health Professional: judybailey61,
 replied 1 year ago
judybailey61

Hello and bless you for your patience. I wanted to step in and help earlier, but found other experts were attempting to assist you.

I interned with an amazing holistic psychologist who is willing to answer some of these questions, but asks that we do not use her name due to some insurance constraints. I can answer the rest but did not pursue my license. Would that be okay if it is a kind of duo-interview? I would not separate the answers into hers and mine, but rather combine them into one continuous interview.

Let me know asap so that I can contact her and get the ball rolling.

Judy