Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been diagnosed with chronic mental health syndrome.

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with chronic mental health syndrome. What does this mean?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 12 months ago.

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am a psychiatrist and i believe i can help you with your query.

Well, there is no such formal diagnosis as Chronic Mental health syndrome. It is a non-specific terminology may be used by your doctors as they are still not conclusive of your exact diagnosis and they are taking their time to come to a diagnosis which plausibly explains your symptoms.

If you could just lay out the symptoms that you have , it could help me to know about your diagnosis better. Your current drug regime of venlafaxine sr 150 mg which is an anti depressant tells me that your doctors are thinking about your diagnosis on the lines of chronic depression.

I will get back to you once you answer my above query.

Regards

Expert:  Dr. Autumn replied 12 months ago.

Hi Karen! Somehow, another doctor squeezed in during our break between responses. If you would still like to talk over the phone on Monday, I'm happy to do that. Autumn

Expert:  Dr. Autumn replied 11 months ago.

Sorry Karen, my responses to you were erased. I will let you continue with the other doctor.