Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

I'm very depressed with no family to turn to and lost my

Customer Question
I'm very depressed with no...
I'm very depressed with no family to turn to and lost my insurance just last month so now I can't see a therapist anymore without it being out of pocket. its alot
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: It started around december of last year
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: My divorce was finalized in June of last year, my family betrayed me and took my ex-side, and now my best friend betrayed me which I confided in her so much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/26/2016
Mental Health Professional: Therapist Leslie, Mental Health Professional replied 1 year ago
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Mental Health Professional

Good evening and thank you so much for your message. I realize it's difficult to reach out. Please know I honor your courage.

My name is ***** ***** I am a psychotherapist in the Metro Boston area.

My heart absolutely aches for you. I imagine you feel incredibly alone and isolated.

Just a few questions....Has your insurance simply changed? Or, are you without it entirely? If without it entirely, have you applied to one of the Obamacare programs or State programs?

Have you spoken with your therapist about doing a possible sliding scale fee? It sounds like you have worked with her for awhile and I'm curious if she would be willing to adjust her rate to something manageable for you?

Are there any charity or faith-based organizations in the area that offer free counseling services?

I'm curious if you are taking any antidepressants medications for your sadness/loss? If not, this might be helpful in navigating this really difficult time.

In the meanwhile, I highly recommend checking into some of the online support groups for grief/loss, those surviving divorce and/or depression. Would you like me to forward you some support group information?

My sincere apologies for all of the questions. I want to ensure I fully understand your situation before responding further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmest regards,

Therapist Leslie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should be getting medicaid but because I'm self employed and they are not calculating thing properly in which has caused me to lose my insurance. This has happened so many times and I really have medical issues which I relied on being able to be seen. I have sought out free counseling services with truly no luck. I have been diagnosed with severe ADHD and now have lost my ability to get my medication take care of by my insurance or see my doctors for regular doctor visits for everything including dental.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is what i type to you posted online for everyone else to read
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks like it is by my assumption of looking at what others are asking and the replies.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only approach that seems to be effective for me is Gestalt psychology.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
something that many are either not experienced in or do not offer. Not sure if this type is familiar to you or if you've practice this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you still there?

Good evening,

Thank you so much for your responses. Yes, I am familiar with Gestalt psychology and am a fan. While I don't specialize in it, I find myself using mangy Gestalt techniques. I understand why this is helpful for you and also know there aren't many practitioners out there who practice this type of therapy. This, of course, adds to your frustration, no doubt.

I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you must be with medicaid. I can't imagine going through this time and time again. In your experience, how long does it usually take them to rectify the situation?

Is your current therapist open to doing a significant sliding scale for you on a temporary bases...until your insurance kicks back in?

In terms of your question about who can see our exchange, this I am unsure of. I just contacted support and asked exactly this and am waiting a reply. I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Warm regards,

Leslie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had a therapist which was at no cost which recently she wasn't doing to well in her practice and went to work for a company. With her there was no cost as we work things out and I was able to see her, until recent. I don't know. I feel like I've wasted your time I really need help but feel like my impulse was to hope a long practicing gestalt therapist would be on this site. In no way is this your fault there is way to much going on in my life it very complex and complicated.

Thank you so much for your response. Please....you did not waste my time. Would you like me to opt out so you can specifically request that only a Gestalt Therapist respond?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can try that how would I have one respond to me?

You could ask the moderator to specifically allow you to include this in your heading so only a Gestalt Therapist will respond. It was nice to work with you. I truly with you all the best.

Please feel free to reach out should you need anything further in the future.

Warm regards,

Leslie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist