DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience:  MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.
24257177

I have a sister 15 years old. Has strange behavior to the

Customer Question

Hi
I have a sister 15 years old . Has strange behavior to the society as like
Doesn't respect
Doesn't know her limitations
Laughing with no reason
Anger and very sensitive
Dosnt pronounce very will just like younger age
Beat her mom
Going to websites which illegally .
Her mother left her and married
Her father died when she was 2 year old
My mom brought her up and raised her and pampering her too much
She hates us
We took her to a psychologist and described her aripirazol 10 mg
And she wents worse which doesn't shy at all she tells every thing about her self even its against her . She is bad at school .
Has bad friends as well .
We are afraid of that medicine working on brain and causes more complicated later on .
We want her good life for marrying but regarding her thoughts we sure she will be divorced and that makes it worse
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What is your medical question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The safety of her medication !
Her condition !
And need your vision an advice us if there is better medicine
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

OK

You are talking about arapipirazole [abilify] which is an anti psychotic, and safer than the older medicines in this class.

It is one of the best medicines, but this has to be individualized both in terms of dose and medication choice.

There are many choices.

All have potential side effects.

This sounds like bi polar illness. You have not mentioned what her diagnosis is, or what type of doctor she is seeing.

We do not diagnose or treat on line, of course.

I suggest she see an adolescent psychiatrist for diagnoses confirmation and treatment adjustment.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is been to psychiatrist . And just said that teen behaviors and gave her that medicine .
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.

That is not a diagnosis.

And teen behaviors does not warrant this prescription.

Take here to a different psychiatrist, and adolescent psychiatrist, this is a spcialist.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/