TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

My 6year old daughter tells me she likes girls and not boys.

Customer Question

My 6year old daughter tells me she likes girls and not boys. Is this normal for her age?! Should I be worried ?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

While some children are able to understand their sexuality at a young age, it is unclear as to what may be going on for her. It could be that at this age she only desires to be around girls which is normal and that could change as she grows. Should you be worried? I think in that question you are saying you would be worried if it turned out that she did like girls? Whatever her sexuality may be, I hope that embracing all of her would be possible for you no matter the outcome but at this point it is unclear as to what may be for her moving forward. I am here to discuss further if you need.

I await your thoughts.

Jen

Can I support you further? I am here if you need, but if not then please take a moment to rate my support. Again, I am here if you need.