How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TherapistJen Your Own Question
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 3520
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
TherapistJen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got perscribed Xanax in the past, I started having panic

Customer Question

I got perscribed Xanax in the past, I started having panic attacks again. Tried to make an appointment my old doctor said he's not taking any new patients. It's been eight years since I visited dr Gastrof . What is your suggestion.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling right now. I imagine you told the office that even though it has been 8 years, you are not a new patient? If he can't see you then I would find another doctor that can see you soon. I may also explore getting into therapy so you can explore why the panic attacks are coming back so you can get the support in addition to medication if needed.

Expert:  TherapistJen replied 1 year ago.

You may also think of calling your current general practitioner so you can be seen sooner and they can also refer you to a Psychiatrist.