How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John-Michaels Your Own Question
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 624
Experience:  25+ years helping people find solutions...
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
John-Michaels is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I know that it is time for me to see either a

Customer Question

How do I know that it is time for me to see either a psychiatrist or phycologist?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  John-Michaels replied 1 year ago.

The chances are if you are asking this question you need to see someone. You would see a Psychiatrist mostly for medication. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor with a specialty in psychiatric medications, though I have known one or two that were pretty good counselors as well.

Psychologists focus normally on testing or a diagnosis, though they often do so therapy as well. What you may need is simply a therapist, somebody to talk to and help you sort your thoughts. Seriously, it all depends on what your needs are. Does that make sense? If you need more information, pleas elaborate and I will do the best I can.