Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

My girlfriend is perfectly normal except for one thing. My grandmother's house is haunted if you believe it or not.

Customer Question
But there is alot of...
My girlfriend is perfectly normal except for one thing. My grandmother's house is haunted if you believe it or not. But there is alot of wired sounds. Well she was telling me I was coming home on breaks at work. Well I want and we fight about it all the time and I tell her she was crazy. Well she moved out and she tells me know that it wasn't me but someone that looked like me and this guy would come over and hang out in my room and i work nights so she was always in bed with lights off. But anyway she thought it was me and she said they had sex and he was mean and would say things that would not sound like me but since was telling her she was crazy she thought it was me but know she knows it wasn't me and she also said she head a few people saying things and seeking around outside. She really says these things happend to her but don't know what to think
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
6/5/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, it seems like your girlfriend is delusional as well as having hallucinations because what she has been describing cannot be explained with logic and objective reasoning. So it is my opinion that you get her out of the house and put her in a different environment / surroundings because may be the haunting house premise might have affected her mind so strongly that she had developed these delusional thoughts and hallucinations.

So, first thing that needs to be done here is to bring her out of the house and try not to have any sort of discussions with her about the house and its haunting premise. Many times breaking the person's connection with the stressful surroundings can help in improvement in symptoms. Besides this you need to get her thoroughly evaluated by a psychiatrist for paranoia and psychosis because her behavior is showing traits of a psychiatric illness.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist