How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Linda D. Your Own Question
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 706
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Linda D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to have a second opinion from a Psychiatrist. I would

Customer Question

I need to have a second opinion from a Psychiatrist.I would like to have a second opinion for my son, he was originally diagnosed with Schizo Effective Disorder. He was on Perphenazine for 20 years and recently changed to Abilify.
I would like to talk to someone who can tell me what I should be seeing as a result of this change or possibly be referred to a Psychiatrist in Courtice/Oshawa area for answers.
Thank youBrenda
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Brenda, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. We do not have a psychiatrist available online to answer your question directly but I did research the psychiatric services in your community. Here is a link to access your available resources:,lf_ui:2&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=43901184,-78863527,677&tbm=lcl&rlfi=hd:;si:15529711432316266564

I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if I can help you any further. I wish you and your son all the best. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC