How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have developed a aversion to my husband. I crave

Customer Question

I think I have developed a sexual aversion to my husband. I crave his touch but not sexually or my breath or my crotch, therefore with the idea leading to sex. I love him deeply and it is damaging our relationship as he feels rejected and I don't know how to deal with it. I do feel pressure to have sex as he is constantly asking for it and if I say no many times his reaction is to pull away from me and be mad.
JA: When you start doubting if you are seeing the world in the same way as everyone else it's time to talk to out Expert - or go live on a desert island. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: In my past relationship with my ex husband he was verbally abusive and he pressured me into sex quite often and absolutely depized him. I do not feel this way with my current partner. I deeply love him in every way I just seem to have developed this issue. We also have had ups and downs in our relationship that has been damaging that I'm sure hasn't helped.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, have you considered going to a Couples Therapist or even a Sex Therapist for treatment on this issue? It sounds like the trauma from your previous marriage has affected your current marriage, which is why therapy may be a good option for you and possibly your husband if you want to try couples therapy