How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** and I recently moved to Colorado

Customer Question

My name is***** and I recently moved to Colorado from Minnesota. I have been here for six weeks and cannot find a psychiatrist and I am out of my meds and I have ADHD and I'm having a really hard time right now. I'm just not sure how to go about getting my meds without a psychiatrist.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately because you are most likely looking for a Controlled Substance, as most ADHD medications are controlled substances, you would need to find a doctor to prescribe said medication for you face to face per Federal Law. Controlled Substances cannot be prescribed online anywhere, so while it does not have to be a psychiatrist, it would be preferable if he/she was the one prescribing the medication for you given that it is a psychotropic medication