How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother is an alcoholic, I am being harassed at work, and

Customer Question

My Mother is an alcoholic, I am being harassed at work, and I keep screaming alone and smacking my head in distress. I recently got out of a psychiatric hospital and the medication they gave me is not working. I have tried to call psychiatrists but no one has appointments. what do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you are in psychiatric distress than I would strongly recommend that you go to the Emergency Room/Urgent Care where you can get a psychiatrist consult for emergency situations and then you may get a different medication regimen that will hopefully work for you