Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

My wife has delusional disorder subtype jealousy and its destroying

Customer Question

My wife has delusional disorder subtype jealousy and its destroying our family.
She refuses to get help. Is there any hope? We have two kids and two frozen embryos from IVF that I want use but my life is so crazy I am afraid, but I want my baby embryos to live.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your wife is having this difficult and suffering from a delusional disorder. If this is a true Delusional Disorder than without a combination of medication (e.g. atypical antipsychotics) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) there is a slim chance that your wife will overcome this delusion. There are cases of spontaneous resolution of such delusions, but these are very rare and occur in less than 1 percent of cases, so unless your wife gets treatment her delusions will not only continue, but they will become more cemented and worsen.