How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in Ronkonkoma NY....I just finished viewing another

Customer Question

Hi. My name is***** & I'm in Ronkonkoma NY....I just finished viewing another amazing show of Dr Phil's & I'm very curious what I should be doing to take care of myself because I so frightened I'm teaching my kids very poor life skills due to the fact I was born un th influence of alcohol & raised by 2 alcoholic parents & by 12 became addicted myself & did all that damage to my head for 15 years while my head/brain was still developing & do I have brain issues now & is my wiring up there all screwed up....& am I just pretending I'm fine forever....when in reality.....I'm always thinking the pain is to big & to much & that heaven is where I really want to be.....instead of screwing up my kids lives.....anymore that I might have already? Please help me....I'm begging....I'm a single mom of 2 young girls that I love & adore with my whole heart & I need to make our lives better....from this day forward only I'm not sure how to do that!!!! I hope someone can help soon!!!❤️ Carolyn-***-***-****. That's my cell I can receive text's & calls anytime!!! THANKS for any & all suggestions.
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Only that I think possibly I need a brain see what's going on in my brain at this point.....maybe then I'll see a light to live through it all. Thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. A brain scan will only be beneficial for you if you have any type of significant brain damage caused by a chronic use of alcohol and even then treatment will be limited since most brain damage cannot be repaired. If you do feel like you have any type of brain damage, I would recommend that you consider seeing a neurologist immediately for a fMRI scan to determine if there is any possible damage to your brain. But to help you overcome your addiction to alcohol you are going to need to see a psychologist for Dual Diagnosis therapy which will help to address the addiction and the underlying causes of said addiction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks got it....I thought you referred me to a place in my area??? I guess not
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this website is purely a Q&A service, and thus we do not make specific referrals