How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is a recovering alcoholic but drinks non-alholic

Customer Question

My husband is a recovering alcoholic but drinks non-alholic beer nearly every day and now I think he as addicted to that. ? He is emotionally and verbally abusive and needs anger management. he is in his mid 80's. He either needs help because AA is not doing it ! of he needs to get out of my life. I am looking for answers and wandered what was available in Northern California or ? suggestions
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Typically anger issues can be treated through one on one therapy with a psychologist/therapist or if he is someone that does not want to undergo individual therapy, he can go to anger management support groups which are usually available at any community center or church/religious organization. The best type of treatment would be individual therapy, so I would recommend that he find a suitable therapist in his area. Here is a good link to find such a psychologist/therapist: