How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just want to know if crossdressing can fully cured cause

Customer Question

I just want to know if crossdressing can fully cured cause it is so depressing that I can only turned on by crossdressing. I have been crossdressing since I was around 10 and now I am 20.
I really want to stop but it feels like impossible to do it.
Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you find that cross-dressing is causing you clinically significant distress, than yes this issue can be treated and "cured," but it would require you to invest in at least several months of therapy with a psychologist that has experience in treating paraphilias.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. If I may ask more, how high is the success rates of the theraphy? And do you recommend any particular method and clinic?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
The success rate is usually very high at around 70-90 percent so there is a good chance this matter can be resolved fit you. I would recommend seeing a Sex Therapist for this issue. There are no major clinics that I am aware of that can substitute for individual therapy