Mental Health

Have mental health questions? Ask a psychiatrist online

I was in a relationship with a malignant narcissist. He

Customer Question
I was in a relationship...
I was in a relationship with a malignant narcissist. He tried to show me how to slit a throat, by putting his knife to my neck, and when confronted later on this behavior he said the way to stop a heartbeat is to put the knife threw their artery in neck. He was plotting to have me die from a defribulator he knew needed to be changed, for he was my medical power of attorney and called and asked what it sounded like when the device is dead. Over and over it would make a siren sound and he would say to me when asked what that was, I hear nothing, its all in your head. I thought to myself perhaps it is the cell phone, and realized after 8 months, I heard the sound when alone in my room, and the cellphone was not there, I realized then that it was my defribulator/pacemaker, I called Duke University up and they said go to Rex so I did, and there they tested with Medtronics the defribulator and said that it had been dead since November, i had a cardiac arrest in October. I had been trying to get the doctors to test the device, but instead I get locked up in a psych ward. He called up the Hospital and told them I was Bi-polar and psychotic. He even tried to get me to attempt suicide at the motel. He isolated me, hid the address book, and told erased the taped conversation of a rape that happened in asheville, he hid all my medical records on my heart and so they just assumed it was fine. I said that I was raped in asheville and I am working on a case, when asked about my father, I said he was a Pedifile, he tried to strangle me to death, and threw me down the stairs, with his foot, that he gave me epilepsy. The psychiatrists said because he was sick I should take psychotic med and bi-polar meds, I said that doesnt make sense. I don't go on murderous rages, and I am not a pedafile. They then said why did you not kill him, I said , because it is against the law. He is out on domestic violence, I want to know how to convince him that I am no good for him, and he is quite the ideal man. He has threatened to get my disability taken away, I saved my social security money for 27 years to escape a man, he always left me to die and tried to kill me also, choke me, and have someone break into the home during separation and beat me half to death in a semi coma and I was put in the hospital and locked in a psych ward to be there forever, and put into a nursing home, I escaped, faked a heart attack and fled, He had disabled me at age 31 with a very painful disease called Interstitial Cystitis, it feels like fire 24 hrs. a day. With migraines that never end. If I lose my disablility I'm really in trouble, I may also now have MS.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mental Health
4/16/2016
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Z, Psychologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. There is no need to convince someone with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) to leave you as that is not a viable option since he will not listen to you. Instead you should consider hiring an attorney and getting your medical power of attorney returned to you or given to a conservator and then you should just cut him out of your life completely by not even making contact with him anymore. The best way to get rid of someone with NPD from your life is to employ a no-contact approach and distance yourself from that individual.

I have cancelled power of attorney he has made so many death threats to me, I think he will kill me if I do not go to a shelter and quick, I have no one ,i have been making friends and working well with people and trying hard to become who I always was and that is a creative artistic photographer singer and poet. And very interested in medicine.
Are you sure that such a violent predator will not do as he said.

If he has made death threats to you than you definitely should consider going to a Women's Shelter or Domestic Violence Shelter and then contact the police once you are safe.

It is a viable threat on your life, so I would take it seriously which is why you need to involve the police.

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist