How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm not happy with my nhs psychiatrists diagnosis. I have

Customer Question

I'm not happy with my nhs psychiatrists diagnosis. I have had a second and third opinion both whom I saw privately and they would not confirm the nhs diagnosis nor would they give any other diagnosis. I am not getting the correct help that I need
JA: When you start doubting if you are seeing the world in the same way as everyone else it's time to talk to out Expert - or go live on a desert island. Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for using Just Answer, I am here to help you. May I ask what is your mental health question for me today. I look forward to hearing from you. sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since you are located in New York and my question applies to the NHS in Great Britain I don't think you can help and I would be grateful for a refund please
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.
okay, we do help many, many people from Great Britain on this site, but here is customer service contact info. wishes to you, Linda
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 1 year ago.
Hello there - I'm also from the US (and many of us on JustAnswer are), but I'm a bit familiar with the NHS system. I'm guessing that you were referred to an NHS psychiatrist through your GP, correct? So, if you haven't already, it may be a good idea to go back to your GP and see if they can either make a referral to a different specialist to figure out what's going on.But part of finding a specialist to assist you is knowing how to talk to them and convey your symptoms appropriately. The same thing happens in the US all the time as well (where a diagnosis is made by one doctor, but isn't confirmed, etc). While part of that may have to do with differing clinical opinion, part of it may be due to the patient not being able to talk about their symptoms in such a way that it's being picked up. So, if you're interested, I can try to assist you with that piece of it. For instance, what was your diagnosis (no worries - I'm trained in the ICD manual used in the UK)? And, what is the diagnosis you think you may have, or what help do you need, in specific? If you don't wish to continue on this track, there is the customer service link provided by Linda D, of course - just thought I'd reach out.