How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1378
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am and have been treated depression and anxiety

Customer Question

I am and have been treated for chronic depression and anxiety for several years. My symptoms seem to be worsening. And now my psychiatrist is leaving his practice, and there's no one left in the practice to treat the patients. How do I go about finding a new doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Typically if a psychiatrist is leaving a practice and there is no one else in the practice to treat patients, the psychiatrist or the practice as a whole should provide you with referrals to find another psychiatrist in the area that can treat your symptoms. The other option you have is to find a new board certified psychiatrist which you can do using these links here:

Related Mental Health Questions