How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Linda D. Your Own Question
Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 669
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Linda D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has just been arrested for viewing CP I don't what I

Customer Question

My son has just been arrested for viewing CP I don't what I can do for him as far as help goes. His arraignment is at 2:00 pm. What line of help should I look for him. He is 30 years old
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Psychologist whenever you like. OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Psychologist whenever you like. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: Like what?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I fear fr his life as ,he is anxiety driven but takes no meds except for vitamin .. He also suffers From depression again no meds
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for using Just Answer, I am so sorry you are experiencing this with your son, I am sure this is very difficult for you. For several years I worked with a group of colleagues who specialized in pornography and other sexual addictions. There are some but not many professionals who treat this as they would any addiction that has become a compulsion or obsession. Dr. Patrick Carnes is the leading authority on this subject and has written many books for family members as well as the individual. I know this will be very hard to understand now but your sons arrest can be a point of entry for him to get help. In my experience men who are addicted to child pornography are filled with guilt, shame and the desire to stop, but they do not know how. Just like a drug addict, they simply do not know how, or believe they can. It also meets a emotional/psychological need that needs to be addressed professionally. This is not a moral issue, this is a treatment issue. Please have his lawyer advocate for him to get help. His life is going to change, he will no longer be able to have the liberty around children in his work place or in the community. But again this is an opportunity for him to get the help he needs. I also would strongly recommend that you go online and start getting the support and information that YOU will need to understand how to help him help himself. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Linda again, I have been thinking about you and your son and wondering how it turned out for him when he went to court this week. I look forward to hearing from you and hope that treatment was recommended for him. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC

Related Mental Health Questions