Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

It's been little over month or longer on effector xr 150

Customer Question
Hello again so it's been...
Hello again so it's been little over month or longer on effector xr 150 last couple weeks been getting pvc's and more often and bloody nose not every day bloody nose when on 112 didn't feel thisr
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mental Health
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Effexor xr
4/10/2016
Mental Health Professional: Jeremy High,
 replied 1 year ago
Jeremy High
Hi there. I'm Jeremy I'm a clinical social worker. What can I do for you regarding your Effexor ER treatment?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the stuff I asked normal
 replied 1 year ago

Hi there, and I apologize for the delay.

The following is based on my practice as a therapist, not as a doctor that I have no training in. Some people do experience heart palpitations while on Effexor. The bloody noses though I am not sure of. Some of the medications dehydrate you and this could cause some bloody noses sue to the drying of the mucus membrane in the nose. So long and short these could be normal responses to the medication. I would check with your prescribing doctor at the next appointment to make sure though.

Anything further I can help with?

replied 1 year ago

I only suggest checking with your doctor because it's involving your heart, and that's a pretty important thing.

Jeremy High
Jeremy High
Jeremy High