Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My 24 year old son is angry and aggressive he lashes out

Customer Question

My 24 year old son is angry and aggressive he lashes out verbally at us and his hit other people in fights - want to help him- we have offered help to him he says he can "white knuckle it"
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your son is having these issues with anger and aggression, I can understand how difficult and frustrating this can be for you. Unfortunately the only person that can help your son is himself as he has to volunteer himself to receive mental health treatment in order to get his aggression and anger in check before he possibly breaks the law and it becomes court-ordered. I know you want to help your son, but if he is not willing to help himself than there is not much that can be done as all the effort in treatment will have to come from him,.