How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1379
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is married to a indian working as a consultant

Customer Question

My daughter is married to a indian working as a consultant in Germany but he is mentally harassing her and even beats her when she says she says that she will report at 110 he says what is the proof that he has beaten her. I'm afraid she is going towards suicide
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your daughter is in this situation regarding her husband's abuse. Given her situation, I would strongly suggest that she leave this marriage or either he will severely physically hurt her to the point where it could be fatal or as you stated she may commit suicide. Also I noticed you did not pose a question in your description, so ay I ask what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my daughter report to the police but what to do next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want her husband changes his attitude
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plz suggest
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You may want her husband to change his behavior, but that is not up to you or me as that is up to him. If he wants to change than he has to choose to change. As for your daughter she just needs to walk to the nearest police station or hospital and report the abuse so that they can protect her.