Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My name is ***** ***** I have ocd, axiety really bad plus Iam

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I have ocd, axiety really bad plus Iam
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have always had trouble with both of those and now i am dealing with depression since my plane crash and my primary Dr doesn't like xanx but it is the only thing that really helps me I have taken them for years now that I moved here I cant get them
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for using Just Answer, I am here to help you. May I ask what is your specific mental health question? I look forward to hearing from you. Linda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to be back on xanx but the Dr I have now and my last Dr dont beleave in them and I have tried what they want me to take but nothing but xanax helps me and my ocd and anxity is worse since my plane crash and now Im disabled and depression is higher
Expert:  Linda D. replied 1 year ago.
I hear your distress and my heart goes out to you. Unfortunately Xananx is a medication that although very effective in treating acute anxiety and panic, it is not intended as a solution for ongoing treatment. Also as i am sure you know it is habit forming and can require that the person takes greater and greater amounts to be effective over time and that is why doctor's are cautious in how they prescribe it and for how long.Just Answer does not prescribe medications nor do we manage our customers medication regime. There are many other very effective medications to help treat OCD/Anxiety and the combination of longer term medications along with therapy, especially working with a trauma informed therapist is a safer, more effective solution. Does this make sense to you? Linda