How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question
Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have no feelings, just pain and it's not letting me livemy

Customer Question

I have no feelings, just pain and it's not letting me livemy life
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: ok well I've felt this way for years, and I've tried everfything to feel better but I always feel the same
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? It sounds like you may be suffering from intensive depressive symptoms, what have you tried to lessen these symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I guess what I really want to know is if I can get better if I see a mental health professional, I've tried exercise, changing my diet, making lists of good things in my life, basically things that I can do on my own, but nothing really brings back my feelings.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

In most cases an individual can overcome intensive depression, but it requires either the use of proper medication management outside of just antidepressants, usually a combination of a psychostimulant, mood stabilizer, and/or an atypical antipsychotic. Or there are the use of more intensive measures like Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and IV Ketamine that have been used to treat resistant cases of Depression. I do not know what your specific diagnosis is and what has been tried so far, but typically if most medications have been unsuccessful than going to these more intensive measures is necessary to help relieve your depressive symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried 10 mg of prozac when I was pregnant, but I've always been afraid of antidepressants. What is the best way to find a psychologist or therapist that can help me?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

10mg of Prozac is such a low dose that it will not do much for you. With intensive depressive symptoms like this, therapy alone will probably not be enough, so I would recommend you consider speaking to a psychiatrist. You can find a suitable psychologist/therapist using this website:

You can narrow down the list of issues with Depression on the left hand side after you put in your zip code. But like I said therapy will probably not be enough for you.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.